I don't think we have ever needed a vacation this bad with the dogs waking us up at 5 a.m., the construction at our house, and moving my mother-in-law 5 minutes from our home, it has been a crazy summer! We chose Mexico for our getaway.
This will be the first time my husband and I going on an all-inclusive vacation. The destination is Riviera Maya which is located about an hour from Cancun. Aventura Spa Palace is a 21 and over resort so no screaming kids splashing us in the pool or throwing stuff in the restaurants. We even went the extra mile and got a room on the concierge level that garauntees us an ocean view with a balcony and a hammock. I plan on spending many afternoons napping on that hammock.
There are 7 restaurants and 10 bars to choose from and an extensive list of amenities. The website really builds it up. Reading the reviews can always be interesting if not a little scary. This is not a cheap vacation and being that it’s our only vacation this year, I hope it is as good as it looks. However, the goal is to relax and with an ocean, guacamole, and a hammock, what could go wrong? I'll follow up after the vacation…
I miss Mexico! I haven't been there in 13 years. That seems impossible! I have been to Ixtapa, Puerta Vallarta and Cancun. I loved our resort in Puerta Vallarta, but not the town so much. Ixtapa was small and lovely, but I'm sure it's grown a lot since I visited 20 years ago. I can still vividly recall reading and napping in a hammock, the hot sands between my toes, ocean breeze. When Jim and I visited PV, a rooster woke us up every morning. We didn't discover until the last day they we did have an air conditioner that would have silenced that! Oh well. Plus, I was pregnant and lets say a little demanding! Or so he says...The other trips were with my sister Virgina and once with my sisters Amy and Julie, too. On that all-sisters trip, I got a really bad sunburn on a boat cruise. I was good about the sunscreen until after the fourth drink. Then I forgot. When we docked, people were pointing and gasping. I knew it was bad. I went to bed slathered in Noxema. My sisters weren't big drinkers so they had no sympathy for me. I know you'll have a great time, and yes, you need and deserve this break! Happy travels. :)
ReplyDeleteHOPE YOUR TRIP GIVES YOU THE RELAXING V. K.YOU BOTH NEED TO BE REFRESHED...TO START YOUR BUSY DAYS AGAIN
ReplyDelete